Thursday, 8 March 2012

GREATEST HITS?

Where do you start?  Queen's catalogue is so rich, diverse and all-encompassing that a request to select twenty five tracks for a pre-American publication playlist has had me in knots for days.  Still, I had to choose. Let me know what you think.  If you have better ideas, please tell me why.


The tracks chosen here correspond loosely to the chapter headings in the book. They were not necessarily released during the period covered in the chapter I have selected them for … but something in each song evokes the content and personality of the chapter to which it is linked.



Montreux - A Winter's Tale


Live Aid - Radio GaGa


Zanzibar - Seven Seas of Rhye


Panchgani - Save Me


London - Now I'm Here


Queen - Killer Queen


Front Man - I Want It All


Mary - Mother Love, and Love of My Life


Trident - Under Pressure


EMI - Hammer to Fall


Dudes - You're My Best Friend


Rhapsody - Bohemian Rhapsody


Fame - Fat-Bottomed Girls


Champions - We Are The Champions


Munich - I'm Going Slightly Mad


Phoebe - Friends Will Be Friends


South America - Las Palabras De Amor


Barbara - Too Much Love Will Kill You


Jim - Somebody To Love (Freddie's favourite song – and his mother's)


Break Free - I Want To Break Free


Live - Don't Stop Me Now


Budapest - It's A Kind Of Magic


Garden Lodge - These Are The Days Of Our Lives


Barcelona - Barcelona (with Montserrat Caballe)


For The Road - Who Wants To Live Forever


Legend - The Show Must Go On








1 comment:

  1. Thats pretty cool - I don't think it pays to get too tied up in whether the song is covered in the chapters content. Most people will see and appreciate what you're doing anyway.

    I did a similar thing with my dissertation on The Beatles Yellow Submarine some years back - using lyrics from Beatles songs - which funnily enough worked!

    ReplyDelete